This episode Jason Ackerman sits down with Adrian Bozman “Boz”. Best known for being on seminar staff, a Flowmaster and the head judge at the Crossfit Games. The most question we got asked for Boz were about how his past got him to where he is today. – Boz dives into all of that even how to make your own kettlebells at the age of 17.
Biggest takeaway: – Listen to the whole episode; here are a few time stamps.
- Training in the circus (12:00)
- Kelly Starrett – Crossfit San Francisco (15:00)
- At the last 3-day level 1 (16:01)
- Do you remember if beat dave at the workout? (18:40)
- First-ever Crossfit workout? (19:20)
- “It’s exactly what I wanted out of fitness … to me I think the whole of being a generalist is super appealing, not just in the physical aspect. But in a lot of ways, I’d like my life philosophy to be” -Boz (20:50)
- Why Boz got on to staff? (23:25)
- “Everything you’re saying is; show up give it your all, don’t do it for the pay” – Ackerman (27:00)
- How’d you become head judge at the Crossfit Games? (30:40)
- Watch this on Every Second Counts. (Currently on Netflix)
- Did you expect it to become what it is today? (33:59)
- How much it has grown, so quickly (39:00)
- The new game’s layout (40:00)
- Advice for new coaches (44:50)
- The biggest mistake you could be making (46:15)
- “People have a limit to what they can absorb and up take, and you have to respect that limit.” – Boz (47:30)
Boz’s recommend book:
The War of Art – Steven Pressfield
We value your feedback. After listening, please hit me up with any questions, comments, or thoughts on how we can make this show even better, and if you enjoyed it, please share it!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/jason-ackerman