On this weeks episode Jason Ackerman chatted with EC Synkowski started CrossFit back in 2006 and shortly after that, she completed her CrossFit Level 1. Her enthusiasm, expertise and hard work eventually led to seminar staff and Flowmaster position, as well as her CF-L4 certification. Although with EC finished her second master’s degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine.
EC then founded her company, OptimizeMe Nutrition, where she focuses on helping individuals better understand nutrition and day-to-day application. You may also recognize EC as the founder of the #800gChallenge, an eating plan that encourages participants to maximize their fruit and vegetable intake and encourages the consumption of whole, unprocessed foods. With more than 20 years of experience and academic training, EC seamlessly translates the evidence-based scientific data into practical solutions for everyday success.
- Females coaches (4:28)
- The Black Box (7:00)
- 800g Challenge (8:55)
- “It’s a really simple action, that people could be doing every day” – EC (9:10)
- Organic Vs Non-Organic (16:07)
- Crazy out there nutrition questions you’ve been asked? (22:40)
- Elevator pitch on add sugar vs sugar found in fruit (24:05)
- Has it changed someone’s life? (26:35)
- “it’s freeing for people, whereas nutrition can be a negative process and this is not” -EC (27:20)
- New Crossfit Coach – (34:00)
- “Go to other gyms, work with other athletes and other coaches.” – EC
EC Recommended book:
The Hungry Brain – Stephan J. Guyenet
We value your feedback. After listening, please hit me up with any questions, comments, or thoughts on how we can make this show even better, and if you enjoyed it, please share it!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/jason-ackerman