This episode, the host Fern is sitting down with Chris Irwin who has been part of the CrossFit Community for almost a decade in several different capacities. He’s a Naval Academy graduate, a former Navy SEAL along with has been an affiliate owner ( Crossfit Saint Thomas), the president of Kill Cliff for five years and now serves in the non-profit arena with the Navy Seal Foundation. Chris heads up strategic partnerships and is working on a growing a Hero WOD fundraiser. We discuss operating an affiliate in a remote destination, handling drop-ins, building a massive company from scratch, and how to contribute to the greater community.
- Setting up an affiliate in a remote area (4:30)
- The Conor Murphy Story (7:05)
- Handling Drop-in (9:30)
- “You don’t go to the movies and expect to pay afterwards” – Fern (10:15)
- Working for Kill Cliff (14:45)
- Branding – What makes a good brand? (20:00)
- “The perfect can be the enemy of the good” – Chris (21:55)
- Navy Seal Foundation (27:40)
- What is Teamwork? (37:20)
- What is the Navy Foundation? (46:00)
- How to work visually? (53:50)
Chris’s recommend book:
War of Art – Steven Pressfield
Navy Seal Foundation:
We value your feedback. After listening, please hit me up with any questions, comments, or thoughts on how we can make this show even better, and if you enjoyed it, please share it!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/jason-ackerman
Rate/subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
Check out our website – besthouroftheirday.com – to learn more about our private coaches development group.