In this episode, Jason sits down with long-time friends Matt and Cherie Chan. They have been involved in the CrossFit world since 2007, using CrossFit as a way to to help Matt improve his endurance as a Denver area firefighter. After four Top 10 finishes at the CrossFit Games, (including the runner-up slot in 2012), Chan became a full-time athlete and one of the most popular and knowledgeable veterans in the sport. You probably recognize him from this year’s Rogue Invitational, Legends when he comes in second. Cherie has competed two times at the CrossFit Games and is a Flow master on the CrossFit seminar staff.
- “We don’t like clutter” – (3:25)
- How to declutter – (4:40) – One month challenge.
- Why you open the car door – Problem with plastics (10:50)
- Journeys to become Seminar staff (15:16)
- Being married on and on staff together (22:00)
- Silent Mondays (28:23)
- Key to their marriage (29:40)
- “We keep choosing each other” – Cherie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephen R. Covey
- Science and Practice of Strength Training, Second Edition – Vladimir M Zatsiorsky
- The Biology of Belief 10th Anniversary Edition: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles 10th Anniversary ed. Edition – Bruce H. Lipton
Matt and Cherie Chan:
We value your feedback. After listening, please hit me up with any questions, comments, or thoughts on how we can make this show even better, and if you enjoyed it, please share it!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/jason-ackerman
Rate/subscribe in Apple Podcasts!